Home test kits are a useful tool in addition to the many testing resources in our community. Be sure to only use an FDA-approved home test.
Uploading Positive Home-Test Results
If you test positive on an at-home test, please upload your positive results here. Immediately isolate yourself and read here for instructions about what you need to do next.
Order Free At-Home Tests By Mail
Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order 4 free at-home COVID-19 tests. The tests are completely free. Order here. Need help placing an order for your at-home tests? Call 1-800-232-0233 (TTY 1-888-720-7489).
If you are using the BinaxNOW at-home test kit and you have a smartphone, consider using the NAVICA app to guide you step-by-step through the testing process and also submits your results to the New York State Department of Health. The app is very helpful, but not required to do the test. Learn more about the app here.
1. Download NAVICA app onto your device from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
2. Follow the directions provided in the app (if you’re not using the app, use the written instructions in your test kit).
3. Watch this video for helpful step-by-step instructions:
4. If you test positive:
- If you use the app, your positive results will be automatically reported to New York State and you will be contacted by a Contact Tracer. You do NOT have to upload your results anywhere else if you use the app.
- If you don’t use the app, please upload your positive results here.
IMPORTANT: Read here for instructions about what to do right now to isolate properly.